Tuesday 28 February 2017

City Crafter Challenge Blog - Hygge

This week, at City Crafter, we'd like you to capture the spirit of hygge.  Hygge is a Danish term for creating a cozy atmosphere and enjoying the simple things in life with good people around you. You could also take inspiration from this photo:


For my DT card I created a scene using stamps from My Favourite Things and sentiments from Avery Elle . I used a patterned paper which came free with a magazine - sometimes I look at it and think it's knitting and other times, I think it's something like woven basket - but definitely something handmade. But I think it's the pattern that's causing an optical illusion on my photo - does it look to you like the right hand side tapers towards the bottom? Honestly, it's absolutely square in real life!

I hope you'll take up this challenging challenge -but first please visit us at City Crafter and see how the DT were inspired by hygge.

I'd like to enter:
Cupcake Inspirations  cats
Crazy Challenge we love animals

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice card!

chrissie said...

Your card certainly follows the brief Marina is is beautiful

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a cute scene! Love your stamping and your card looks straight to me

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The colors of your card go so well with the inspiration photo. I love the idea of creating a cozy atmosphere. I will check out the challenge!

Maria said...

What a sweet card with the kitten and dog sleeping! A very comfy relaxing card! Great take on the challenge!

Mac Mable said...

Yes it does look like an optical illusion x. Contemporary and such a cosy card x

Stella said...

I guess we were thinking alike but your card has a lot more gorgeous details. I love this; epsecially the stacks of books and that lamp! I am with Ros; it looks straight to me.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is one perfect card!

Nonni said...

What a fun challenge topic and I love what you made, these stamps are super cute and i love your use of designer paper!

Birgit said...

What an adorable card! I'm so glad you linked up to this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge!

Danielle said...

What a lovely, cosy scene on your card. I love it!!

baileyrosy.com said...

Looks lovely and cozy beautifully done and love your colour pallette.

Marie

Darnell said...

I think this is a fantastic inspiration card, Marina! You have really nailed the concept!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Craftychris said...

This is a definite cosy card - very warm and just gorgeous! Cute too. xxx

CupcakeInspirations said...

What a delightful card! So glad you were inspired to join Cupcake Inspirations for our Cat Challenge!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Jen Carter said...

So cute! Great scene! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Pia S said...

We have the same word in Norwegian. I often have to look up words for word prompt challenges, but not this one:) you captured the feeling of hygge so well with this sweet living room scene.

Unknown said...

Sweet card. Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again :) Valentina DT