Thursday 12 January 2017

Happy Birthday Ros


Happy Birthday to Ros  my dear team-mate at City Crafter Challenge Blog . I hope she's received this card in the post.

With Ros in mind I used elements I think Ros likes (eg trees, soft background) and in doing so inadvertently made a card that is quite influenced by her own style, I think!

The tree and birds are a Clarity stencil that comes with the cut out bits to use as a mask. I used the tree mask as a stamp and stamped it in Versamark and then embossed it with white pearl ep. Then I placed the matching stencil over it and did the birds, using my new Nuvo mousse. The sentiment is a magazine freebie stamp.

I actually made this before Christmas and when I came to send it, I couldn't find it anywhere! I searched for days until I gave up and decided to make a replacement. I was just drying the background with a heat gun when it came to me in a blinding flash.... I'd put the original card under a pile of books to flatten it out! So, now I have a spare background to use for something else.

Ros ...I hope you have a great day.

I'd like to enter:
Aud Sentiments  ag with sentiment
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour  I used a stencil plus  water and distress inks for the background.
Dragonfly Journeys  birthday
Seize the Birthday  ag

16 comments:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful card with the pastel shades you used Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

It's beautiful! Thank you! It may have to stay up all year as it matches my decor!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous card and yes Ros sure loved it by the comments she left x

Pia S said...

delicate colors and a lovely scene of nature.

Nonni said...

Very beautiful, such a serene scene and pretty colors. Great idea to use the masks as stamps, this gave me some ideas, thanks Marina!

Craftychris said...

I am glad you found it, it's beautiful! I love the soft colours. Such a cool idea to use the stencil as a stamp. xxx

Stella said...

Wow! And just like you I was inspired by Ros herself. This is lovely!

Greta said...

The perfect card for Ros--beautifully done, Marina!

Danielle said...

A great card, like it!!

Ashwini Rao said...

Beautiful card, love the soft colors and what a serene look of nature! I love the embossing and the Nuvo you've used to add the birds. Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such pretty soft colors!

Inkyfingers said...

What a soft and pretty card Marina and such a creative way to use those stencils and masks! I'm sure Ros will love this little beauty!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Jeannie said...

Hi Marina! Beautiful colors and just a gorgeous birthday card with the embossing too. Thanks so much for joining my Birthday Bash blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Shauna said...

I really like this! The white against the subtle colors is so lovely! Beautiful work on the tree and birds!
- Shauna

Creative world said...


Very beautiful card with gorgeous soft colors...THank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge,hope to see you again
Zeljka DT

Gloria said...

Love your own background and beautiful color! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers January Watercolour challenge! Gloria xx