Tuesday 20 October 2015

City Crafter - Into the Wood


Our new challenge at City Crafter is:

Into the Wood - Create a card or project and add something related to wood. It could be an embellishment, a woodgrain stamp , an embossing folder with woodprint etcetera. But NO tree!



My streamlined approach to this challenge was....just look for anything wood-y and shove them on a card! Well, almost ...I found the wooden snowflake and the peg, and I went to my digital supplies for the papers. The deer, 'cozy' and the pennant are from a digital version of Carta Bella 'warm and cozy' - the joy of having a digital version , I think, is that the deer was probably quite small in the paper version but I was able to print and cut him out large.

I hope you will come over to City Crafter , see the work of our talented guest designer, Donna . and the always-fabulous DT - Kirsty, Stella and Ros, - and join in our challenge.

I'd like to enter:
52 CCT  the wild woods
Fairytale Challenge forest animals
Christmas Cards All Year Round no stamping 





14 comments:

chrissie said...

Clever use of the wood element Marina.

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

Love how you did this! It's so striking and a gorgeous card!

Michelle J M said...

Hello! Just had a good look at all your cards that I have missed and as always they are so beautiful. I have had no internet since 24th September! Michelle x

Maria said...

Wow! Such a gorgeous card with the deer, background and banner! Very cozy, indeed...love it!

Stella said...

Oh my a deer and covered up in wood. Brilliant and breathtaking. And so is the rest of your card. Wow!
XX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your card is awesome Marina!

Joan said...

What a beautiful card - love how you combined the wood with the lovely green and red colors!! The deer is very striking!

Pia S said...

Cozy yes, and love how the reindeer looks with the wooden pattern. A different design yet with a traditional Christmas feel to it.

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Really cool card! I love the combination of different wood textures. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Bianca said...

Thats a fab card. I love the deer. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Bianca XX

Donna said...

Love how you've paired up vertical and horizontal wood stripes on this... and obviously this goes without saying... I like your deer :)

maria f. said...

Great feel to your woodsy card.

Deborah Frings said...

I do like all the lovely wood textures on your card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Sarah said...

What a fabulous no stamps card!! Such great texture. Thank you for playing at CCAYR. Sarah :0)