Tuesday 6 October 2015

Bloomin' Bowl of Rice


I went into my Polka Doodles Dollie Daydream Goes East CD with the intention of making an oriental floral card for CD Sunday's Bloomin' Marvelous challenge. I got sidetracked by this bowl of rice. I hope the card is still blooming enough to qualify for the theme.

I used the digi-stamps from the CD with the printed digital papers. I coloured the lanterns, flower corner, chopsticks and rice with Promarkers and paper-pieced the bowl. The sentiment was just a computer font. I cut the scalloped circle card blank on my Silhouette cutting machine.

As well as CD Sunday, I'd also like to enter:
Polkadoodles  favourite card shape.
Crafty Cardmakers circular
Paper Girls  food
Scribbles Designs  good luck

17 comments:

Wynn said...

Great card Marina. I love the colour combo too.......very oriental. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

chrissie said...

Love the shape and the oriental theme

Chrissie xx

meg said...

Love that the card colours match the bowl of rice and flowers Meg GD CD Sunday

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, I love that oriental theme, I often wonder where to get those when I need to make a Chinese New Year card or Mid-autumn festival card, looks perfect there!

Ros Crawford said...

Bloomin' marvellous!

Anjie said...

Really pretty card, I love those papers. Thanks for joining us in our Favourite Shape Card challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

Amber Sheaves said...

This is so lovely and dainty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Girls Challenge!

sue-b said...

Lovely shaped card and love the colours too, yes definitely blooming enough .
Thank you for joinus at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx

Pia S said...

Wow! This looks fab, Marina, love your images and color choices as well. And my favorite card shape is circular cards, even though I don't make many compared to a2 and squared ones.

Aunty Sue said...

love the shape of this and perfect for our Shape card challenge at Digi Choosday Thanks for sharing and good luck.
Aunty Sue DT

Carol said...

Lovely card Marina.. There are certainly enough blooms.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, great design
Margaret

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the favourite card shape fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

Jocelyn said...

Really delicious looking blooms :-)
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Kim x said...

What a lovely card Marina. I love the colours that you have chosen.
Thank you for entering my Circle card challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a pretty image and lovely circular design.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline GDT
x

J said...

What a lovely oriental card... thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & more.

Jackie