Sunday 31 May 2015

Spray Away


I stamped this flower stamp (I think it might be Kaisercraft or Kanban ?? Lost packet as usual) days ago and had it sitting on my desk, wondering what to do with it.

Then I saw the 'Play misty for me' challenge at Shopping Our Stash . I do use sprays - normally I spritz a little over an inked background, or do a little squirt to distress a finished piece. My son (aged 8) LOVES sprays and squirts them liberally and messily. So I decided to spray like an 8-year-old and whoosh it all on ...I used at least four different spray mists here.

After drying off my sprays, I added some more targetted colour to the petals with alcohol pens and did some highlights with white pen.

6 comments:

Fliss said...

Gorgeous card Marina and awesome spray effects on there. I'm also fairly sure it's a Kanban stamp.
Fliss xx

Pia S said...

The result is fantastic! I tend not to use my mists that much, and certainly not a lot at a time as the paper tends to curl up. Any advice on how to avoid that?

chrissie said...

Stunning Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous creation, Marina! Love the pattern you created with using the "tried and proven 4 year old technique!" Nicely crafted. Thanks for taking the Play Misty For Me Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Jane Willis said...

Oooh I have that stamp and have never used it, it's a Kanban one. Now I've seen your stunning card I'm going to have to get it into action.
Thank for your comment on my card, I agree about the Debbi Moore Glamour CDs, when I make a card from them they end up being a card that's been designed by HER rather than one designed by ME. But her shabby chic and vintage CDs are quite a different matter!

Donna said...

Very pretty!! Great use of your sprays! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Play Misty for Me" challenge!!
~*~donna~*~