Wednesday 26 February 2014

Me, Me, Me



When I saw that this week’s CD Sunday challenge is ‘quotations’, I was stumped initially.  None of the quotations that I like seemed to be suitable for a card. But then I remembered this quote  from Alice in Wonderland ‘I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ‘  It gave me an idea for a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout and the person it made me think of was…me!  I’ve noticed that in recent photos I’ve started to look a bit (shall we say) ‘tired’. The quote made me think about how I feel about aging. 
I made a collage in Serif Craft Artist, using a photo of me and elements from  Night Garden digitkit (not to be confused with ‘In the Night Garden’, no Iggle Piggle!).  I added the quote to the collage and printed it. My background is a sheet of Teresa Collins paper . The  two smaller clocks are from My Craft Studio CDs ( Tinkering with Steampunk and Setting the Scene Shop Fronts). The journalling spot, hearts and jar (bottom left) were cut on my Silhouette Cameo. 

As well as CD Sunday , I'd like to enter : 
Inklings and Yarns  Inky Linky party 
A Song in you Heart  Unfinished songs ( 'now is your time' ) 

12 comments:

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

so pretty thank you for joining the challenge at a song in your heart

chrissie said...

Brilliant idea Marina and your smile made me smile

Love Chrissie x

Mistys Mum said...

A beautiful page & it is good to scrap something about ourselves I believe. x

Carol said...

A great scrapbook page Marina.I envy those who can be interesting and clever on a 12 x 12 scale. Lovely details.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT Team B

1CardCreator said...

This is beautiful, I love both quotes you used and the picture is great of you too! ~Diane

Wynn said...

Two great quotations and a lovely scrap book page. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT xx

Jocelyn said...

What a fabulous scrapbook page and two wonderful quotations. Very thought provoking so thank you for that. :-)
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

A lovely page and quote, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x

sue-b said...

I love this page Marina and two beautiful quotes, great lay out and lovely elements , thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx DT

Pia S said...

You look great on the photo and I like the design and your quotes too!

Crafting Vicky said...

wow that's super creative! Love how you have added the quote!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at A Song in your He{art}. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

Michelle J M said...

I saw this last week and just didn't have time to comment. I just love this page, the sentiment is brilliant. Your photo is wonderful, far too young to be a Granny! Michelle x