Saturday 12 January 2013

Rapunzel

 This is my second Design Team card for Inkspirational Challenges  . This image was kindly provided by A Day For Daisies , who are our sponsor this month.
Immediately I saw the photo inspiration, I thought of fairytales. Here is Rapunzel letting down her long hair so her prince can join her in the tower.

I printed the image onto card , masked it and created a background with my favourite Stamposaurus brick stencil and sponged ink.  I took of the mask and, using a scalpel (bravely, I think!) cut away the background inside the window and stuck it onto some patterned paper (from DCWV Once Upon a Time stack). Then I coloured the window, birds and Rapunzel with Promarkers and paper-pieced her dress.

I hope you like it and I hope you will come and join us at Inkspirational Challenges.


I'd also like to enter this for the 'Create a Fairytale Scene ' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers .


7 comments:

sandie said...

As soon as I saw this I just loved your interpretation of the photo-so creative and that is a great stencil and very brave and successful work!!

Kim x said...

Well done you with the scalpel.
Thanks for joining our Create a Scene challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
hugs Kimx

Josephine said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Lisbeth K said...

I LOVE this scene Marina :) Really cool that the DP shows behind Rapunzel (one of my favorite fairytales when I was...ok...younger;)). I guess there is a princess that would be one lucky owner of this one?

Mynn xx said...

This is just beautiful, Marina! I ADORE the way you've done up this image--it looks like a line picture placed onto a REAL wall!!! Such a gorgeous creation! :)

Yvonne Garner said...

I feel transported to a fairy tale! Beautifully done.

Kylie said...

Great use of all those techniques you mentioned, M! I love how you interpreted our photo inspiration and used Rapunzel - sooo clever. I also love the fairytale scene you have created for our challenge over at CCM! Thanks for playing along xx