Sunday 20 January 2013

Forever in Blue Jeans


CD Sunday's challenge this week is 'Forever in Blue Jeans' . At first I thought I didn't have anything suitable but them I remembered that right by the image I used on last week's entry to CD Sunday(from My Craft Studio Encyclopedia ) , were some 50s images.

I placed the music collage (from Polkadoodles Not for Girls CD) behind the man and printed onto paper from Basic Grey 'Obscure'. The denim paper is from Joanna Sheen Fashion Boutique CD. I will straightaway confess to having stolen this idea from Crafty Tess who has made a fabulous layout and credited the CD - otherwise I wouldn't have realised it was on there. I hope she doesn't mind.

I added eyelets and a flattened bottle cap into which I put the sentiment. I typed 'you rock! ' on my PC, printed and punched it out and added a stamped grungy circle.


9 comments:

sue-b said...

Fabulous Marina, and I'm sure Tess wont mind at all, this is how we get a lot of ideas. great card, love the music collage.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Great card Marina. I like the music collage background and the trendy young man.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

This is one 'cool' card Marina. I love all the detail and thank you for joining in our challenge.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

Hi Marina - what a great card. I too used that young man on my card & had forgotten about the denim materials on JS CD. x

Jocelyn said...

Great card. I love the way you have put this one together and the bottle top make a fab embellishment.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is a super card Marina, a great one for male teenagers (I always struggle with cards for them). I'm sure I'll be pinching this idea when I'm stumped for something to do. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue x GDT CD Sunday

Cazro said...

Fabulous interpretation, love your card. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

Jane Willis said...

Super card - love how you went from "nothing to make it with" to a card that looks as if you'd been planning it for ages!

Christine said...

Great card Marina, perfect for teenagers. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT