Sunday 6 January 2013

Art Nouveau


This week's challenge at CD Sunday  is Art Nouveau. I found this image on Joanna Sheen Fashion Boutique CD. I printed it out on glossy card and tried throwing embosssing powder on it quickly and heating it ...didn't quite work but some of the powder stuck to the darker colour on the image and formed a sort of dew drop effect I quite liked. (Of course, doesn't show up on photo!)

I cut out the centre of the image and layered it onto another copy , using 3d foam. The background paper is from a  My Paper Stash pad that came with a My Craft Studio CD. It has a bit of sheen on the flower. I mounted everything onto dull gold and added a Sizzix die cut corner.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous Marina - I really love this image and have used it quite a few times - I usually decoupage it up in some way too. Good luck in the challenge.

Catherine x

Beryl said...

This is lovely Marina. A gorgeous image which is showcased so well on the tall card design.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A lovely image Marina - great minds think alike. Love the decoupage.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Beautiful , tall and elegant card, fabulous image and layout. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday Dt

Jocelyn said...

The shape of this card is just perfect for the image you have chosen and I like how you have 3D'd it.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

I've used this image and it's a classic. I like tall slim cards, so elegant.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday htis week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love this image Marina, and also the backing paper that you've used to mount the picture onto. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

Sue x GDT CD Sunday

Mistys Mum said...

I love the way you have made this a tall slim card - it is beautifulo. x

Purple Crazy said...

lovely card, these images work so well with this shape, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x