Tuesday 10 April 2012

Jack in a Box - pop up!


Although I now have lots of CDs, I’m not much of a CD crafter, and this project reminded me of the things I like about CDs and the things I find ‘challenging’.

I wanted to take part in the CD Sunday challenge –Toybox Treasures – and felt sure I’d find something good on the Adorables Summer Collection CD. I did but it was part of a whole page of different images and I didn’t want to use them as they came.  I took the Jack-in –a –box image into My Craft Studio and  digitally punched it out but I still couldn’t change it to colours I wanted – or to a black and white digi stamp. In the end I printed it in grayscale and coloured it in over the top!

So, what I like about CDs is the huge variety of images ,papers etc, you can have. But…sometimes I find them a bit inflexible.  It may be , however, that I just lack the skills to use them to their best advantage!

As well as the CD Sunday Challenge, I’d like to enter this for:
Crafty Bloggers Pop ups 
Digital Tuesday Birthdays  
The front of the card.

12 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Marina. I love your card and how you have achieved the effect that you wanted. CD's are a big part of the crafting world, but as you say, they can be used in so many ways other than just click and print.
Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Carol
Cd Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Hello Marina. What a clever idea to have a pop up jack in a box for our challenge - I love it. Well done for persevering to get the effect you wanted. I think some CD images are easier to manipulate than others - depends on how they are set up by the manufacturer in the first place.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

This is so good, i always loved the pop up cards as a child and i still do, i use my CD for scrapbooks, large tags and cards, and i also use my scrapbook kits for cards, they are all so easy to work with and my s/book kits have so many fabulous papers ready to print off. sue-b x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a gorgeous pop up card Marina, and you've done a super job using your CDs and MCS.

Sue x

Suzie's Card Den said...

This just lovely - such a cheerful card.
Thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Michelle J M said...

This is brilliant Marina. What a lovely suprise to open it and find a Jack in the Box! Michelle x

Im just me - Marleen said...

wow wondeful card. Thanks for joining the CBN challenge xxx

Colleen said...

Love the jack in the box, and even better that he really does pop up.

Purple Crazy said...

Great card, well done with the colouring, have to agree with Jocelyn, some CD's are better than others to play with, I always take them into MCS too to play, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

starcyl said...

Very clever idea and your colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Unknown said...

Brilliant card !! xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

What a wonderful pop up card, excellent card for the challenge. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-