Tuesday 19 December 2017

Pro-Am Showdown #19 - A Small Toucan

This cards is for my self-imposed challenge , Pro-Am Showdown,  where I CASE a mass-produced card to make my own, amateur version.

Here's the original, commercially-produced card:
the professional card
For my card I used a toucan stamp by My Favorite Things (it's the set with the girl in the grass skirt) . I masked it and stamped the circular sentiment (very old, brand unknown).  I know people usually use grey markers to colour black but I wanted to mimic the sketchy look of the original and so I used a black marker in a kind of scribbly way. The leafy paper was a magazine freebie and I finished with some sequins. 

By the way, when I came to cut out the mask, I struggled to find a pair of scissors to cut it - and I have several pairs. Either a craft thief broke in during the night or it's time for a tidy up! 

I'd like to enter:
Less is More  birds 
Cards in Envy  framed with circles 
Papercraft Challenges happy birthday 


9 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

So cute! Love the Tou-can showcased in the circle frame! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Kathyk said...

FAB toucan, great use of masking too - super entry for this week's LIM challenge

Seasons Greetings

Kathyk

Liz said...

Lovely card, a great take on the bought one. The leafy paper make a perfect border. xx

Trina P. said...

A wonderful CASEd card, Marina. Love how you added the circle sentiment around the toucan... I thought it was part of the stamp image. So great masking job. It’s an adorable card. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

Sherri Thacker said...

I love this toucan. Thanks for joining us for our Framed with Circles challenge at Cards in Envy.

Donna said...

This is just adorable, if I don't get back, have a Merry Christmas!

Renate said...

Geate CASE. The little toecan is amazing. I love the pale orange detail.
Thank you for sharing your card at our challenge. I hope you will join us again next time.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT Papercraft Challenges)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your card looks just as professional as the one you CASEd Marina! The leafy paper is a perfect match but your masking to add the sentiment is the real winning thing on this card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Less is More xx

Maikreations said...

Great birthday card! Love the feather-paper at the left side! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Papercraft Challenges! Happy crafting, Maike ;o)