Sunday 22 October 2017

Pro-Am Showdown #14- Woodland Christmas


This year, my self-imposed challenge is Pro-Am Showdown, where I take on a commercially produced card I've received (the Pro) and see if I can beat the professionals at their own game with my amateur card.

Here is the card that inspired me: 


the original , professional card 

I used a Stamping Bella stamp that I saw on second-hand on  Ebay - I got it quite cheaply - and I felt it had a similar feel to the original card.  I embossed it in white and then watercoloured with Distress Inks. Watercolouring is not my forte so I'm hoping the blotchiness is part of the charm (haha!).  The sentiment came from another set ( can't remember!) .

I'd like to enter:
The Holly and the Ivy 
Christmas at Sweet Stampin 
Crafty Animals 

6 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Your water colouring is very much it's charm x Such a contemporary looking card with those ever so cute stamped images x

Pia S said...

The unevenness of the watercoloring is part of what makes this card so great, I think you did a wonderful job on this card.

Liz said...

Wonderful design and the watercoloured background is just perfect. xx

Maria said...

Beautiful water colored card! Love the sweet deer! What an interesting fun way to challenge yourself!!

Donna said...

Love the idea of your challenge and you rocked it here, fab water coloring!

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous card thanks for sharing with us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Shona xx