Sunday 13 August 2017

Crafty Crafting Away - Butterfly Kit


In this post  I explained how I made up some kits so I could secretly craft on our family holiday. (Actually it didn't stay secret for long, but as it kept me happy, no-one seemed to mind). The second kit is here . This was the final kit, both to pack and to use, that's why I only made four items, but five from the other kits.  I can't remember where I saw the real kit that inspired me, but here's my kit:
includes Avery Elle Butterfly stamps, Tim Holtz stencils , Hero Arts inks


Here's what I made:

Using the Hero Arts red ink, I stamped a butterfly (coloured with Zig Clean Colour) and sentiments  from the Avery Elle set and doodled a 'trail' from the i to the butterfly.

I'd like to enter: 



The frame and the 'merci' were cut on the Silhouette and taken with me- I coloured the frame with gold ink and the sentiment with black marker. I made a background using a Tim Holtz stencil on kraft card, and spray ink. I stamped and embossed the buttefly, coloured it with the Hero inks and stamped the text  (unknown brand) over it. 
I'd like to enter:
I inked the tag with ink I'd put in another kit, and spray it with water. I stamped the text and smaller butterflies . I stamped and embossed the large butterfly and coloured wit Zig Clean Colour markers. The 'love' is from a pack of unopened stickers I'd put in one of the other kits. I was fed up to find that they had stuck to the packaging and many were unusable! 
I'd like to enter:
Get Creative  song - love is like a butterfly 
That's Crafty  anything but cards 

Finally, an ATC I made for the Happy Little Stampers ATC challenge 'doodle'. 
I stamped the large buttefly and just doodle on it. I also doodle a frame. The sentiment is by Heidi Swapp.

In case you're thinking all I did on holiday was stamp, I can assure you I had a fantastic time exploring Cornwall's beaches, gardens, harbour villages, restaurants and the Eden Project. Here's a small holiday snap.

the only day he wasn't wearing his rain jacket! 

13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful selection . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mac Mable said...

Sorry about the weather whilst you where away but it sounds like you had so much fun. I would love to visit The Eden Project...it's on my list. Great selection of cards,ATC and tag and love the idea of you taking away these kits. Love the doodling and colouring x Sorry too about the love stickers sticky to the packaging x

chrissie said...

You took lots of things with you Marina and I guess with the weather you were pleased that you did. More great projects

Love Chrissie xx

Shauna said...

Wow.... look at all these beautiful butterflies! Great designs and great color!
- Shauna

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! Love the yellow layer on the card for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Jane said...

Love your doodled beautiful atc, so pretty. Thanks for playing at HLS atc Challenge.

Sherri Thacker said...

All of these butterflies are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at our challenge at Cards in Envy.

Pia S said...

Another fab kit! The weather in U.K. Is probably as reliable as the weather over the pond here, so you were right to bring some crafty stuff. I think you achieved much with little, I find that very inspiring. We don't always need plenty of fancy stuff and huge piles of materials to be creative and to create.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A kaleidoscope of Butterflies what a beautiful site. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty and joining the *Anything but Cards* Blog Challenge. Best Wishes Tracey.

K M Meena Herale said...

Beautiful ATC, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS ATC DT

Linda said...

I love your doodled ATC. Thank you for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge xx

Sandy said...

Fabulous creations made on your holiday! Thanks for sharing the delightful tag with us at Get Creative Challenges
Hugs, Sandy

Susan Renshaw said...

Lots of fab butterfly makes!
Love the doodled ATC...
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!