Wednesday 28 June 2017

Pro - Am Showdown #8 - Dog in the Snow


I made this for my self-imposed challenge, Pro-Am Showdown, where I take inspiration from some of the nicest commercially produced cards I've received.

Here's the 'pro' card that inspired me:
The commercially manufactured card that inspired me. 
I think this pro card is lovely, and it gives me lots of ideas..

For my 'amateur' card I used the dog stamp from Avery Elle , masked it and stamped the snow (Hero Arts) . I  coloured the dog with markers and paper-pieced the scarf from red glitter paper.  Then I stamped the sentiments (Mama Elephant).

I'd like to enter:
Addicted to Stamps  holiday
Challenge up your life  dogs
Christmas with the Cuties  cas
Dragonfly Dreams  add sparkle
QKR Stampede  paper-piecing - scarf in glitter paper

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is a super cute card and I love your self imposed challenge! That snow stamp makes a really cool background. Before I read your description I thought you must have used paint or something.

chrissie said...

I love to see how you look at a card then you do your version. The doggie card is fantastic

Love Chrissie xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is sweet and cute!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful!! Your card certainly outshines the shop bought one!

crafty said...

Super cute card. Thank you for joining us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Pia S said...

I love how your cards turn out when you're caseing these store bought cards. Nothing wrong at all with the professional ones, but I honestly like yours better...

Sherri said...

What a beautiful card! Love the simplicity of your design! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your design - especially like the sentiment...
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Claire said...

Great design, loving the paper pieced scarf and that sentiment is really nice x

Donna said...

Your card is just adorable and I agree with Pia, I like yours the best! It is interesting to see where others get there inspiration.

Lisa xx said...

this is adorable, what a gorgeous image

thank you for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties xx

cotnob said...

A super card, such a cute image.
Thank you for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties.
Pauline
Crafting with Cotnob
x