Saturday 3 June 2017

Funky Flowers


This was a real-life challenge from my daughter - a 'funky' birthday card ' by tomorrow ' and no cute animals (spoilsport!).

So I agonised for a while about what counts as 'funky'. But she seemed pleased with this,so I guess it fulfilled the brief.

I used W plus 9 'Feathers and Florals' and a sentiment from MFT. The flower middles are eyelets. ( Well done to me, I think, for using up old stash, even if it's only two eyelets!)

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Cardmakers floral profusion
Time Out  flowers and friends
Cas-ual Fridays  patterned papers

9 comments:

Michelle W said...

Beautiful use of your patterned paper! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

chrissie said...

Stunning card and so good to have the backing paper in tune with the wonderful flowers.

Love Chrissie xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card, like the bright colors combined with the black and white!

J said...

Lovely vibrant card - Thank you for sharing your card and joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie

Sarah said...

Very Nice!

Pia S said...

I wouldn't know how to interprete funky, but seeing this I think this is it. Your daughter sure knows how to throw you challenges.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The black and white stripe with those orange flowers is such a great juxtaposition! So I think that is how this is funky! Great card and even better when you were under pressure!

Susan Powell said...

I love the patterns you used - the stripes with those flowers is beautiful!

Jill V said...

You completely mastered your daughter's challenge - I love the combination of the stripes, the floral DP and those funky orange flowers! Great card - thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill