Tuesday 11 April 2017

Spring Card Kit Swap - Day 2

I'm doing another card kit swap with Nonni and Pia. 

Above is the kit that Nonni made and sent to us. I was immediately struck by the mix of dark and very bright colours - very different to my kit.  

Here are the cards I made with this kit:


I think this is my favourite as it is so different for me. The image of the chick emerging from the egg was coloured with markers . I darkened the yellow on the speech bubble and stamped 'hey chickie'.  Apart from the yellow mat, everything else was from the kit. 
I'd like to enter:
Dragonfly Journeys  egg
Little Red Wagon  egg
Snarky Stampers  silly 




A totally different look for my second card - I coloured the flower image and filled the centres with Glossy Accents, The green patterned paper was also from the kit, 
I'd like to enter: 
Come and Get it : in the garden 

Now, if you're wondering what happened to the other items in the kit, don't worry - I made some cards mixing up the kits and I'll be posting them later in the week. But don't expect to see anything made with the flower bouquet image..that was a casualty of my clumsy colouring. 

Please go and visit Pia and Nonni's blogs to see what they did with this kit.

Tomorrow I will show you Pia's kit and what I did with it.

11 comments:

Nonni said...

Two fab cards, Marina! I love the fun feel of both cards, these are cards that make you smile, the colors look so perky and happy and I especially love the way you used a lot of pink with green in your second card. Fantastic look.

Pia S said...

I'm not happy with my coloring of the chicken in egg so not sure I'll end up using it. But it's such a cute one! Fun card and love the spotted paper to go with it. We all used the flower image and the green paper, but we colored the image differently and our cards turned out different. Great use of the kit!

Heather said...

Sweet cards. I like how you used the supplies. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Maria said...

Wonderful cards! Love the chick with glasses in the polka dot egg, so cute! And, pretty card with the lovely flowers!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous cards! I love the chick and those bold colours!

sandie said...

these are both such fun, love the first one with the striking different colours x

Jane Willis said...

What a super swap, and great cards you made from it. Thank you for sharing at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
Jane

Dotty Jo said...

I love swaps - such a fun way to craft 'with' friends from far away! Super cards. Thank you for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x

Greta said...

Fun cards! The first one makes me laugh & I love the green paper with your pretty pink flowers!

Jeannie said...

Hi Marina! I love the color combo on this fun card. Great image too, the glasses crack me up. Thanks so much for joining my EGG-citing blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Donna said...

Fab cards. Thanks for getting your silly on with the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS!!