Tuesday 25 April 2017

Pro-Am Showdown # 3 - Krafty Christmas


close up 

Two things I've not been very good with so far this year...making Christmas cards and doing my self-imposed challenge - Pro-Am Showdown. The idea is to be inspired by some of the many mass-manufactured cards (the professionals) and make my own homemade version (the amateur).

So here's the commercially produced card I took inspiration from:
the professional card

Like the original, I wanted  to have a large image with a hand-drawn look. I realised I have no suitable stamps that big, so I looked through my digistamps and found the wreath. (Unfortunately there was nothing on the file name to say where it came from - I suspect it was a prize originally). I stamped and gold-embossed the sentiments (Mama Elephant and Avery Elle) and them used an embossing pen to trace some fronds and gold embossed them. 

I'd like to enter: 
Crimbo Crackers  kraft 
Merry Monday  kraft
Tuesday Throwdown embossing 
Happy Little Stampers Christmas  embossing 
Rudolph Day Christmas  

25 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Very classy, very professional and loving the gold accents x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an awesome design!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful CASE!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath with the gold accents!!

scrappymo! said...

Wow! This is beautiful. The gold metallic mat combined with the gilded bits of the greenery, really make this card outstanding. I like your take on the pro's...in fact I like yours better!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! EWhat a superb creation! Perfectly replicating the SB card, though yours is so much nicer ... Beautiful wreath!

chrissie said...

Amazing card with great use of the ideas on the original card

Love Chrissie xx

Donna said...

This is stunning, and congrats on being started on Christmas cards!

LeAnne said...

This is STUNNING! What a gorgeous creation using that digital image!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I remember seeing this digi stamp out there somewhere, but also cant remember where it came from. I love what you've done with it and it look fantastic on the craft card. The embossend sentiment over the top looks great.

Sue xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, love the design and the gold gives it a classy look.
Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days Challenge this month - Good Luck!
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Linda said...

Beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

BożenA said...

Oh! Genius! Wonderful! Exceptionally beautiful! Definitely my favorite !!
Hugs,
Bożena A.

Colleen said...

Your added gold elements on the kraft card are stunning! Thank you for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Jane said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the simple colour scheme, really packs a punch. Thanks for playing at HLS Christmas challenge.

Stella said...

I have a place in my heart for a deer but also for a wreath:) But in this peticular case I prefer your wreath; it;s stunning!

Greta said...

Wow, Marina--I agree with Stella as I think your card is more beautiful than the "professional" one! Stunning!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous!!! love the look! Good on you for getting you holiday cards done. I just can't seem to be able to get into that frame of mind.
xx Karen

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a fabulous idea and it turned out amazing!! Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown!
Hugs

Danielle said...

Love, love, LOVE your card!! Beautiful!!

Bobby said...

Your card has a vintage look to it and it's lovely, Marina.

Helen Whitehead said...

Your card is better than the original, I think. Shows how a wreath can look so pretty and classic on kraft.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your case is stunning!!!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow! This is stunning! Love the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Pia S said...

Ah! It's a true beauty! And although I love the commercial card and I also love reindeer on Christmas cards, yours is my favorite, it gets 10 out of 10 from me!