Friday 14 April 2017

I Aint Lion


My daughter, well known for giving me last minute crafting challenges, actually gave me advance warning that she needed a baby boy card for her friend and it was made and given to her weeks ago.

THEN a few days ago she said to me 'They've called the baby Leo! Can you make a card with a lion on it?'

You can see I've done something a little experimental with shape on this card - not sure if it works - but if she doesn't like it she can always go to a shop and buy a card (gasp!).  Anyway, I stamped and white embossed the lion (Little Yellow Bicycle) and sentiment (Creative Expressions? ) and the stitch-like circle (49 and Market).

I'd like to enter:
Cardz4Guyz animals
Sisterhood of Crafters stamp it
4 Crafty Chicks  babies
Crafty Catz  animals
Creative With Stamps  baby

12 comments:

Darlene said...

LOL ... kids! What are ya goin a do! LOL
Your card is ADORABLE and I love your shape experiment ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

chrissie said...

A wonderful shape you created Marina and what a brilliant idea your daughter had to add a lion to the design.

Love Chrissie xx

Nonni said...

I think the shape is very interesting and I'm sure your daughter and her friend will both love it! I love the all yellow color palette!

Janette said...

Beautiful card,thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Jane Willis said...

Oh my, what a coincidence, one of my friends had a baby boy the other day and has called him Leo - I wonder if it's the same person? A really super card and perfect for his name. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Christine said...

It's so much fun to be able to create cards for specific requests, and I know this one will bring a smile! I really like the design with the asymmetrical use of the scallops and the way the image is encircled. So glad you joined the challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week. Wishing you a blessed Easter!
Christine
Guest DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Billie A said...

Great baby card and love the monochromatic look and the card design. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.

Billie A
Creative with Stamps
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Aud Sentiments
Stampavie and More

Pia S said...

That shape makes the whole card! It's a special card for a little one called Leo.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x
(DT for Cardz 4 Guyz)

Tamie said...

Your card goes perfectly with the babys name. I love the colors and the papers you have the image and the circle around it. Super cute babiness. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, your card is very inspiring.

Tamie DT

Caroline Weidenhiller said...

Sweet design, love it

Monika Reeck said...

ooh so cuutee
I love the non traditional colors you have used for baby card
cute card
many thanks to joining with us at Creative With Stamps this month
hugs
Monika