Sunday 9 April 2017

10th Birthday


This layout reminds me of a song from one of my favourite films  (Chitty  Chitty, Bang Bang ) - Up from the ashes, grow the roses of success.

I rarely make double- page spreads but I had really thought this through: the sketch from Let's Scrap , photos printed, title cut (on Silhouette) , papers chosen ( but not these ones!) .

The papers were not working .....I was using a white background and tried to watercolour it using a stencil and it just looked rubbish.  Then, to top it off, I accidentally knocked the cup of paint-water  over my desk and wet the papers and part of one of the photos. I was so fed up- I just gave up.

The next morning I decided that I would just start again. I chose some different papers and I was able to cover the water damage  on the photo by covering it with the 'high 5' card - it didn't matter as all the children who are obscured are also elsewhere on the layout. I actually ended up liking this layout a lot!

As well as Let's Scrap, I'd also like to enter the challenge at Aud Sentiments , which is to make a birthday project that's not a card. 



8 comments:

chrissie said...

A terrific spread Marina and a great idea to do two I think

Love Chrissie xx

scrapqueen141 said...

Great take on the sketch, I love this! Looks like it was a great celebration! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap! Blessings, Jamie

Billie A said...

Wonderful page and great memories. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Stampavie and More

Fiona said...

Love your take on this months sketch. Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap Sketches.

Esther Putters said...

What a nice way to put the title on the page! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap.

Julie said...

I love this scrapbook layout. fabulous job
Thanks for joining us in our Birthday Celebration at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Angie Pond said...

Love that huge 10! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!

CathQuillScrap said...

lovely layout.Thanks for playing along with Let's Scrap Sketches