Saturday 11 March 2017

Inkspirational Challenges - Watercolour Smooshing

This week at Inspirational , Kim has chosen watercolour smooshing as her Designer's Choice.



I confess this layout, of my partner boating with my son and grandson (I was in another boat), is not brand new but it's a never-before-blogged layout I made at a scrapbooking retreat a few months ago. The page is 12 x 12 so I used a teflon mat to smoosh on - I think the watery effect suits the subject of the layout. I kept the rest of it quite cas, with some Basic Grey stickers and orange enamel dots.

Our guest designer is  Henriette  and I hope you'll come over to Inkspirational, see what the rest of the DT have made and enter your own project using this technique.

I'd like to enter:
HLS Watercolour  smooshing
Quirky Crafts picture this

13 comments:

chrissie said...

This background fits the picture perfectly Marina. The whole thing looks terrific

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

Great BG Marina! Lovely photo too!

Pia S said...

A CAs layout where the photo comes to its right and the smoothing fits the scene and theme perfectly.

Nonni said...

Wonderful contrasting color palette -I love these in everyone's work but struggle when trying it myself! The remaining white in the bg looks great too -sort of CAS scrapbook layout, love it!

Jane Willis said...

What a lovely background, it's as if it's been made by the oars splashing. Thank you for joining in at Quirky Crafts Challenge
Jane

Craftychris said...

Fabulous! The smooshed background is perfect for the lovely photo. xxx

Furrbster said...

What a great background to show off the photo!

Thank you for joining our first challenge back at Quirky Crafts,

Hugz Tinz

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely background on your gorgeous layout Marina! Great smooshing, and who doesn't love messing about on the river!
I hope you are well, and thanks for sharing with us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Pia Larsen said...

Wauw, Marina, this background looks awesome. And I totally dig the colour in contrast to the orange colours.

Shauna said...

What a perfect technique for a rowing page! It definitely gives a water effect. Great design!
- Shauna

cm said...

Yes, you've selected the perfect colour/technique to enhance the water-and-boating theme of your layout! The orange stickers and dots are an eye-catching pairing with the aqua! I should try a scrapbook page some day...maybe...
Hugs~c

Diane said...

Dry clever choice of background. Thanks for joining in at Quirky Crafts Challenge

Kim M said...

Great page, Marina! Your smooshing looks amazing!