Sunday 26 March 2017

Hugs for a Colleague

Happy Mother's Day to mums in the UK, Ireland, Nigeria and Channel Islands. (Yes, I did look that up!) I am lucky enough to have two children, a 10-year-old boy and a 33-year-old girl , and it is my daughter who loves to set me the real-life stamping challenges. (I think she should set up her own challenge blog, although she doesn't craft herself!).

Anyway, my daughter requested a card for a colleague who has had a serious health diagnosis. My daughter had seen a card I made with the umbrella girl stamp (Woodware, I think) , but wanted a bigger card so all her workmates could sign.

I coloured the image and paper pieced it using papers from a magazine, years ago. The sentiment is Avery Elle and I added Glossy Accents to the raindrops and puddle.

(PS, during the writing of this post there was a slight pause, as a child turned up with a box of chocolates and we had to eat some...)

I'd like to enter:
Crafting By Designs  thinking of you
Fusion  photo
Brown Sugar  anything goes

10 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Happy Mother's day to you!!! Fabulous card ... Love that image!

Stella said...

Happy Mother's day Marina! I LMBO about the story of your daughter. That she should start her own challenge blog:)
Your card is lovely; that image is so sweet!

chrissie said...

Your daughter always thinks up such wonderful subjects for cards and you make the perfect card for the subject. What an amazing combination

Love Chrissie xx

Greta said...

Happy Mother's Day, Marina! What a sweet son--pun intended--haha! Totally love the card--perfect for the co-workers to give! Your paper piecing is wonderful!

Pia S said...

It's a cutie, I find myself using freebie papers too, I like that they're often very light weight, perfect for paper piecing. Love your choice of colors and papers here. Sweet!

Dawn said...

Very Sweet card ... thank you for joining us a Brown Sugar Challenge.

Craftychris said...

Ooh this card is sooooo sweet! Love the pretty paper and paper piecing and the image is delightful! I like that your daughter sets you challenges - so cool! xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

adorable card!
xx Karen

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Your daughter's colleague is sure to love this. Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

cm said...

Belated Happy Mother's Day, Marina...still a couple months before we celebrate it here, but I best get a card for my mom going soon! Time is flying! How sweet that your daughter poses challenges for you *grin* and how wonderful you are to meet them with exceptional creations! Your card here: guaranteed to lift your daughter's colleague's spirits! Sweet, thoughtful, heart-warming...
Hugs~c