Thursday 9 March 2017

Baby Shower

I have never been to a baby shower. I don't think they had them in the UK when I was having my youngest child, ten years ago. I don't really understand them! But my daughter asked me to make a card for the baby shower of someone she knows. I hope this is appropriate!

I used a deer from Avery Elle, umbrella from W plus 9, hearts from two different Hero Arts sets and sentiment , also Hero. It was supposed to look like the deer was holding the umbrella in his mouth, but I know it looks like he's balancing it on his nose!  I coloured the images with alcohol makers and added some touches of white gel pen.

I'd like to enter:
CAS on Sunday  umbrella
Crafty Gals Corner  polka dots
Crafter's Cafe  cas
Addicted to Stamps and More  make your mark
Through the Purple Haze  anything goes

10 comments:

Danielle said...

This is so cute.... lovely card Marina!!

chrissie said...

This is so clever and so beautiful Marina--you think of everything

Love Chrissie xx

Sarah said...

So nice! Lovely!
I also made a card with lots of harts and a umbrella. I show him next week!

Ros Crawford said...

I've never been to one either! My baby is 34! Lol! Either way your card is gorgeous and so cute!

Mac Mable said...

I've never been to one either! Your card is so cute and adorable and I love that the deer is balancing the umbrella on it's nose....very clever deer x Loving the cascading hearts too x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It is darling and perfect for a baby shower! In the US, they have changed a lot over the last 10 years, but we have always had them, as far as I can remember.

Stella said...

I've never had a baby shower too. Guess I am old LOL! But your car dis perfect; and your deer is a cutie!

Pia S said...

I don't think we do baby showers here in Norway, but I might be wrong, many American traditions are coming, I'm just waiting for thanksgiving, it sounds like good family tradition to me, like Christmas before Christmas. Anyway, from what is seen in blogland this card fits the bill, it's sweet.

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is so cute! I think it is perfect. I didn't have baby showers either!

creationsnz said...

I think it looks so cute with the umbrella on its nose, perfect for the occasion. We hope you join us again at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG