Tuesday 22 November 2016

City Crafter Challenge Blog - Gold Finger



I chose this week's challenge at City Crafter  and it is to use a gold medium - something that could stain your fingers gold - not just gold card.



For my DT card I die-cut a poinsettia and then rubbed it over with very pale gold gilding wax - I know it's hard to see on the photo. The flower middle  and the sentiment were coloured with a gold marker pen. I stamped the background words (a Darkroom Door stamp) in clear ink and then covered it in gold PearlX powder. I crimped some gold mirror card and added gold ribbbon and a bell.

Our Guest Designer this week is the talented Lenet Mos , so I hope you will come over to City Crafter and see what she and the rest of the DT have made and enter your own project . 

I'd like to enter:
Winter Wonderland poinsettias
52CCT old-fashioned Christmas 
Crafty Friends  use flowers 

13 comments:

chrissie said...

A very beautiful card Marina and a great theme for the challenge

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

Fab challenge and fab card Marina!

Laura ElleBi said...

Wonderful design for your lovely card!
Thank you for joining Crafty Friends
DT Laura

Maria said...

Beautiful touches of gold on your lovely Christmas card, Marina...so pretty!!

Deborah Frings said...

Golden Glitz indeed! This is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Nonni said...

This is a fun challenge Marina, I'll try to enter! Love all that elegant gold.

Pat K said...

Very elegant and classy card. Thank you for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

Fabiola said...

Très élégante carte Marina, chic et d'une richesse, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Pia S said...

Love your chosen theme and I'll do my best to find time to make a card myself. I do love all this richness of gold, so elegant!

Stella said...

I love this weeks'theme and your card is so chic and elegant!

Greta said...

Elegant & classy--my favorite style of cards!

LOU said...

Beautiful card Marina. Love the poinsettia.
Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Lou DT xo

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Blossoms’ challenge theme… hope you can join us for our next challenge and good luck in the draw.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]