Saturday 16 April 2016

Quick Cakes


glitter shot 
This was the quickest card ever made.

I got up yesterday morning and found a text from my daughter, asking me to make a card for her friend who was celebrating her birthday that evening! Which would have been fine if I hadn't been expected to attend work! So I made this card when I got home from work, with my partner snapping at my heels because he wanted us to go out and get the food shopping. (My glamorous life!)

What I know about my daughter's friend is that she is starting up her own cake-making business, so I used this cupcake stamp from Papermania. I coloured it with Promarkers, paper-pieced the cake cases and added glitter and pink liquid pearl. Finally, I added some pattern paper and a Hero Arts sentiment.

I'd like to enter:
Casology - pink
Fab n Funky girly and pretty
Seize the Birthday birthday  (also floral paper)
Creative Craft Cottage add some sparkle

17 comments:

chrissie said...

Great card for a cake maker. My daughter makes cakes and even showed me how to make and decorate a cupcake--not as easy as I thought it would be lol.

Great ideas with the paper and the paper cases matching

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

It may be your quickest but it's also one of you very best!! I think it's fabulous!

cm said...

Applauding your 'quick make' that turned out awesome! Perfect for the up-and-coming cake decorator; hope her business is an outstanding success!
Hugs~c

Pia S said...

Quick but fabulous! I know your daughter is usually giving you real challenges when it comes to themes! how lucky this friend was into cupcakes:)

Kristina said...

Great cas card. Thanks so much for joining us over at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge blog.

sandie said...

Well I saw this on blogger dashboard and dropped by to say how much I loved it and it took you so little time! Colouring and paper piecing would have taken me all night! Love it xx

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed that you made this card quickly - it would have taken me hours to get a card to look like that! Really like it x

Joyce said...

This is darling, adorable and luscious looking. And, does not look like a quick card at all. So pretty and CAS, too. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

You picked the perfect images for your daughter's friend! Such a sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

ursula Uphof said...

A perfect card for a cake maker Marina. Love the paper piecing.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Creative Craft Cottage this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

Colleen said...

Awesome card, love the design with the pp at the top! those cupcakes look yummy and not so quick and easy to make! I think your daughter's friend will love this card! thank you for playing at Seize the Birthday!

Unknown said...

A lovely CAS card! :)

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Marina!!! Such a sweet card for your daughters friend. I love how the pink at the top of the card matches the cupcake holders. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Glenda J said...

Love how you coloured this super cute stamp! Great colours too. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, these cupcakes look so good. Love the layout of your card.

sandie said...

Congrats for getting HM at CASology...told you this card was fab!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Cottage - good luck
Lyn - DT