Saturday 24 October 2015

Back to the Drawing Board.....


Well, I was making this card for one of my DT's upcoming challenges (can't say which one!) the theme is 'no stamping' so I thought I'd go to town with a multi-layered Lettering Delights SVG cutting file. This is NOT a quick and easy card - there are lots of layers to cut and stick ,and some of the pieces are really tiny  (look at the girl's shoes) , so I had to keep searching for missing pieces and fishing them out of the bin (it's okay, no food waste in there, just sweet wrappers!) .

So I was just adding the finishing touches to this card when I went back to the brief to check something and , belatedly, spotted the words: 'No DP' !!!!!!!!!!

Yikes! How did I miss that?  I used a digital version of Echo Park 'Tis the Season' to add pattern to some of the layers!

So I can't use it for the challenge I made it for, so instead, I'm sharing it with you today. Back to the drawing board.

I'd like to enter :
Christmas Cards All Year Round   no stamping
Incy Wincy fun with my friends
Crafting by Designs  getting ready for Christmas
Simply Create Too baby it's cold outside
Polkadoodles  - sprkle, bling, glitter ( used Stickles on the girl's coat and Stampendous shaved ice under their feet.)

8 comments:

Pia S said...

I believe you when you say this wasn't a quick make and yes, the shoes do prove it. A shame you couldn't use this as your DT project, but kind of lucky too as this card wouldn't have happened if you hadn't missed the no DP part. I love the look you've created here.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, a lot of work went into it. Thanks for joining CCAYR challenge.

chrissie said...

All of your Chrisrmas cards are wonderful Marina and I really love this one

Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what a shame you had to start again ... still this is a fabulous card and worth all the effort!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Marina - this is a stunning card and it's such a shame it won't make it as your DT card. However it's perfect for our "Fun with Friends" challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week - thanks for playing along!
Helen x (IWDT)

Bev said...

so cute, all that bling and perfect for this fortnights challenge at Polkadoodles

8kidsandstillfindtimetocraft said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the glitter and sparkle fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

maria f. said...

Too funny. Been there, done that! This is great. Reminds me of caroling when I was younger. Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Create Too!