Saturday 4 July 2015

Inkspirational - Grunge and Empty Box Project #22


When my most  CAS teammie , Sandie , told me she wanted to choose 'Grunge' as her 'Designer's Choice' theme I was really suspicious . I associate grunge with mixed media or shabby styles ...and then I realised the date we were emailing about this was April 1st! But no, she assured me that grunge was no April Fool's joke and if you look on the Inkspirational  blog, you'll find some guidelines. 



For my DT card  I used a variety of stamps - the ones stamped in red are from my empty-box-project box (brand unknown but they were probably a magazine freebie).  The word 'Christmas' and the ticket (which I did a sort of distress masking thing with)  are from a Pink Paislee stamp set; and the splatters are by Visible Image. Just in case you can't tell from the photo - the red borders are glitter paper.

Just to recap:
On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

So, please come over and join us at Inkspirational with your grungey projects. Ashwini is our fabulous guest designer this time.

I'd like to enter:
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards seeing red
Eclectic Ellapu  fave holiday
Winter Wonderland  all that glitters
Christmas Stamping  glitter
Simply Create Too get ahead for Christmas

14 comments:

chrissie said...

Always love how you keep fitting in a Christmas card Marina and this one is terrific

Love Chrissie xx

cm said...

Marina, your grunge Christmas card is incredibly creative and incredibly pretty! The combination of images and colours...rather classy, in my view! Not sure if 'classy' and 'grunge' can be paired, but in the case of your delight here: that's my response! Love this!
hugs~c

Pia S said...

Wow, this is so cool and beautiful, very impressed by how you made a Christmas card with the grunge style. And it's looking fab!

Kim M said...

I love your grungy Christmas card, Marina! I especially like the torn paper. I always like the look but often forget to use it myself. :-)

Ros Crawford said...

That's terrific!! I love how you put those stamps together!

Susan Hogan said...

I don't think I could put myself through the shame of unused stamps - too big a box! Your goal is admirable and beautifully carried out here. Love the clean grunge look you have achieved! Thanks for sharing with us at Eclectic Ellapu - Purple team for July!

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL.
Sue x

anncreatief said...

Beautiful cards! Love the image, colors and flowers! Thanks for joining us at CC&CC!. And we do hope you will join us again very soon
DT Anneke

Shauna said...

Beautiful Marina! I love the layered stamps and colors. Great grunge technique!
- Shauna

Nonni said...

This is totally cool, Marina! I love the torn glitter paper and the combo of stamps you've used. Great job!!

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Agnieszka DT

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Very cool! You should give grunge a go more often!!!

Thanks for playing along at Eclectic Ellapu.
Lisa - Eclectic Ellapu DT

Pia Larsen said...

Marina, super cool Christmas grunge card! :-)

Unknown said...

I love you're grunge meets crimbo combo, fab job.

Thanks for sharing this with us eclectic girlies
Tracey, eclectic ellapu DT member :)