Sunday 12 April 2015

Whamm!


Firstly, I'll be honest that I can't take credit for much crafting skill in the making of this card - unless you count trimming, sticking and running a pen round the edges as skills! It was mostly created digitally and so I can only take credit for the idea and design . And the idea was very much fuelled by some great challenges.

Firstly, Come and Get It want a card for a child  and the 'comic book' theme at Cupcake Inspirations reminded me I have a Craft Artist CD on that topic. That got me thinking of the clean and simple theme at CD Sunday . Then I remembered the theme at Time Out where they are case-ing my dear teammie, Kim :

So I copied the way Kim's placed all that detail on the right by using lots of 'kapow!' type images, running off the edge of the card. Then I added the superhero- again, going off the edge - and added the sentiment. 

So it may not be the most 'handmade' card around, but I know it's one that will come in handy to give to one of my 8-year-old son's friends. 

17 comments:

Pia S said...

A young boy will love this, Marina! Such a different theme and great take on the CASE card too!
I've been away on holiday, so I haven't been around lately, but I've been catching up now, you've made such a great variety of cards during my absence...

Indy's Designs said...

Any little boy would love this very cute card! Love how you cased your friend's card...it works perfectly with the super hero theme! So glad you were inspired by our Comic Book theme at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

I think 8 year-old will love this card, Marina! It's so bright and masculine! Thank you so much for playing alone with Cupcake Inspirations!

Pia Larsen said...

Super cool card, Marina. Also eventhough it's mainly digital :-)

Tina said...

Super cool...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

AO Creations said...

Love it!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT Sweetie

Judy McKay said...

Love the bright colours of your card. Wonderful theme for a man - big or small. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

sandie said...

I saw this on the gallery and it just jumped out at me, such a unique design and not a flower in sight. I think it is a fab CASE of Kim's card and I think the idea is enough crafting skill and being able to do the digi stuff...very techy term!, is skill enough. It sure made me smile. Thanks for joining TO

Jocelyn said...

Great superhero image and definitely CAS. Love it!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

A fab CAS card Marina and perfect for our challenge at CD Sunday. Thank you for sharing it with us . I love how everything overlaps......very creative. Wynn DT

Kim M said...

This is awesome, Marina!!! I love your take on my card. It is certainly the perfect card for a boy. :-)

Beverley said...

Awesome digital card & FABulous idea to create a masculine CASE of Kim's card :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

Carol said...

This is brilliant. You may have copied the idea but the result is stunning and so eye catching. Thank you for sharing this with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol xx
DT

Christine said...

Any young boy will be thrilled to receive your card and definately CAS.
Thanks for joining in with us.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Very striking while still being CAS, many thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday this time.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Sand Lee said...

Love the superhero image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenge Blog! Hope you will join us again soon! xx Sandi Lee DT Sweetie

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Cool card! Thank you for sharing with us over at TO challenge.