Wednesday 22 October 2014

Green Snowy Trees

Stepping up the Christmas card making now!

I was inspired by a card by Tracey Metcalfe in the November issue of Making Cards (pg 79, if you've got it). However, I used quite different materials and methods to get a similar look.

The background is alcohol inks and I stamped two triangular Hero Arts trees with green acrylic paint. Then I stamped the 'snow' with white ink and a Bo Bunny distressed dots stamp, and embossed it with glittery embossing powder.

I'd like to enter:
Artful Times - Green
Stamplorations stamps and embossing
Fashionable Stamping Challenges weather forecast
City Crafter a piece of sky
Addicted to Stamps  holiday

13 comments:

Neets B said...

I love your abstract focal point and it really stands out against the crisp white card base. Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week, Anita x

chrissie said...

This is a very well thought out card Marina--I love the white border to show off the artwork

Love Chrissie x

Ros Crawford said...

This is so lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Julie B said...

A modern take on the traditional Christmas card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

Neet said...

So different and so modern but it captures the feel of Christmas so well. I love it Marina.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times
Hugs, Neet xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card ! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)

stressfreestamping said...

Beautiful! I love the sparkly dots over the top of your trees. How clever! I must give that a try! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

stressfreestamping said...

Beautiful! I love the sparkly dots over the top of your trees. How clever! I must give that a try! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

Stella said...

Love the glittered snowflakes. And a fab idea to use glittered embossing powder. Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Those dots make for great snow. Love the arty feel! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

Deepti said...

This is fabulous and so very unique
:) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations!

maria f. said...

What a cool abstract Christmas card. I love how you made that scene "happen". Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.