Monday 25 August 2014

Make My Monday - Tag or Topper



This week's challenge at Make My Monday is Tag or Topper.  As you can see, for my DT  project., I made a tag. I coloured the white inner layer with Distress ink and stamped it with script and heart stamps - it's very subtle - a bit too subtle for the photo I think! Then I used die-cuts from a sheet of Fancy Pants printed die-cuts I impulse bought years ago and have never used. I used every distressing trick in the book - inking, crumpling, scratching and frantage-ing ... I'm surprised anything survived!  Finally I added lace and a brad.

We'd love you to come over to Make My Monday , see what the rest of the DT have done and join in the challenge.

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Creations  Dig deep (the Fancy Pants die cuts)
Creative Knockouts  tag you're it
Scrapping 4 Fun  technique - distressing and frantage

9 comments:

Pia S said...

Every technique of distressing is what makes this tag stand out, I love it's shabby chic style. Ever so often I try to make a tag, but my mind just goes blank, it's such a small space to decorate! Maybe I should build up the courage and give it a go this week. I really need to make some Chrstmas tags, and I know that won't happen in November and December!, too many other things to do then!

Fliss said...

This is really pretty Marina and the shabby chic bacground sets off the die cuts perfectly.
Fliss xx

Scrapbagleader said...

Love a bit of frontage. :)
Lovely tag, Marina, I especially like the distressing.

Sue - said...

Very pretty tag Marina!

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful tag love the simplicity & texture. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Creative Knockouts
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Jacquel said...

What a pretty tag! Love the pink heart & wings....they're gorgeous!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

This is a lovely tag, love the techniques you used.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Joan said...

Great tag - so pretty!! Love the distressing you did!!

Angie C. D. said...

What a sweet and lovely tag! Love the soft colors and the die-cuts. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D