Thursday 20 February 2014

Tulips from Amsterdam


I've just got back from a very short break in a fantastic hotel in a castle in Sussex. Although many of the fields and some of the castle grounds were flooded (which actually looked spectacular) , many spring flowers were shooting up.

This card is for my partner's mother, who enabled us to have our little holiday by having our son to stay.

The main image is from Papermania Wellington CD and I brought it into Silhouette Studio, added the text and cut it out in a label shape. I hand cut out two flowers and the tag and stuck them on with 3d foam. I was inspired by the song 'tulips from Amsterdam' and cut the windmill on the Silhouette. The background paper is from a CD called Sunshine and Laughter, which came free with a magazine.

I'd like to enter:

CD Sunday  All about spring
Cuttin and Stampin Challenges Spring is here
Stampin for the weekend  Flower power

9 comments:

Wynn said...

A beautiful fresh looking card M. I can imagine the floods looking spectacular but what a lot of heartache for the flood victims....poor souls.Glad you enjoyed your break....it's good to get away some times. I'm sure your thank you card will be appreciated. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday. Hugs Wynn DT xx

Pia S said...

No spring flowers here in Oslo, it has just started snowing AGAIN.... Well, nothing I can do about that, but I can look at your lovely soft colored card and dream of spring... The 3d effect of the flowers is a nice touch!

Michelle J M said...

Lucky you to have a short break! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Love your card, the colours are so soft and pretty. Michelle x

Beryl said...

A lovely card Marina. Sweet image and a cute windmill.
Thank you for joining in this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Beautiful Marina, lovely image and layout and a cut windmill, what more could we want. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx

Indy's Designs said...

Oh this is absolutely perfect for spring! Maybe one day I will get to Holland to see the tulip festival. So glad you joined our spring challenge at Cuttin' and Stampin!
Hugs, Debbie!

1CardCreator said...

Such a sweet card, love the windmill! ~Diane

Jocelyn said...

What a pretty card. I love the colour combo.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

a really lovely card. Very delicate colouring. x