Friday 7 February 2014

Festive 48- Week 4 - Softly Fell the Silent Snow


Wow! Week 4 already!

For this card I used random (magazine freebie) patterned papers and a sentiment stamp . The trees, reindeer and snowflake are die cuts and I sprayed everything with white mister. The mist made everything look pale and smudgy but it really wasn't white enough for the snow on the trees, so I sponged white ink as well.

Just to recap, I have challenged myself to make a Christmas card every week , and post it here (to make sure I do it!) . If I do this, by the beginning of December I will have 48 Christmas cards. I have also issued an invitation to anyone who would like to join me.

Thanks to all those who joined me last week, including Nikki C who linked up this great card:
by Nikki C 
I loved the metal angel wings and the tab-shaped sentiment. 

I hope you will join me this week, and get smug for Christmas 2014. 

I'd like to enter:
Shopping Our Stash cabin fever
Jingles Belles Rock Text Me  
Cut it Up Challenges Through the woods
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Christmas

14 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is such a lovely card!

The sentiment is so perfect with this scene you have created.
Misting the white gave a pretty, soft effect on your diecuts.
Thank you for joining us here at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

Pia S said...

You're keeping to your schedule of making one Christmas card a week so far, and I think your plan sounds like a great one! I've made some in January and I will definitely try and make some in February too. It's not that challenging keeping focused on Christmas cards with all that snow we've got at the moment!
I like the effect if the white mist and ink on this card!

chrissie said...

Love this Marina. All of your cards are terrific so far. Will be joining you after I make mine

Love Chrissie x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

This is so pretty. I love the deer peeking in from the side.

Thanks for joining us for our Through the Woods challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Leslie Hanna said...

Perfect sentiment for that scene. I'm not as brave as you with mists - I'd have sponged it all! :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Migdalia said...

Very Beautiful....
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for February - hope to see you again soon. You could also enter this for CCAYR blue and white challenge here x

Mollie said...

Beautiful card! LOVE the techniques you used for the snow! I really like your layout and the papers are so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Cut It Up!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

lauren bergold said...

oh *WOW* i really love this! love the inking, that beautiful sentiment, the majestic deer, and especially that FABULOUS snowflake! what a gorgeous take on our "text me" prompt at JINGLE BELLES! <3

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards Marina! I just found you on the City Crafter blog and I would love to join in, I really need the motivation, lol. I sure hope to stay with it! ~Diane

SmilynStef said...

Love the font of that beautiful holiday sentiment ... so very glad you joined our *texty* Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Lorraine said...

What a lovely scenic card.

Lisa said...

what a super sentiment! this is a really gorgeous card. congrats on being highlighted at Jingle Belles

Made by Mandy said...

I need to play catch-up, can't believe I am so far behind already. February has flown by!

Your card is lovely, very sophisticated

Love Mandy xxx