Saturday 18 January 2014

Festive 48 - Week 1 - Get Smug for Christmas 2014



My  New Year’s resolution is to do better and get my Christmas cards done in advance this year.

As nothing motivates me better than a deadline I will commit to posting a new Christmas card here every Sunday morning .I should end up with 48 cards by the time I need to send them out.

Will you join me?  I have an Inklinz sub so I might as well use it!

For the first of my 48 cards, I made a fat robin out of circle punches. I had the usual photography problems – the glitter doesn’t sparkle and I’m reflected in the snowfall acetate!

Feel free to link up a Christmas card (just one a week) and we can both feel smug by December.

 I’d like to enter these challenges:
City Crafter snowbirds
Cute Card Thursday  Cold and frosty 
QKR Stampede Snowflakes and sparkle 
ABC Christmas Challenge Anything Christmas 
Red Carpet Studio Snow buddies 

15 comments:

chrissie said...

Sounds like a great idea Marina and I wish you luck with the venture. I would like to say I will join you but I am sure I wouldn't make it :( will have a go though

Really lovely first card you made

Love Chrissie xx

Michelle said...

Cute little robin card. Great idea to get ahead of the game for this year. I want to get some of mine done in the next few months too x x

Michelle said...

Cute little robin card. Great idea to get ahead of the game for this year. I want to get some of mine done in the next few months too x x

Pia S said...

What a great idea! I will try and follow your example, I actually made one today!
This card is lovely! I love robins, and this one is is so sweet with the wintery background and simple, decorative design!

Cherished said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing at RCS.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is simply adorable!! Thank you so much for sharing you lovely creation with us at City Crafter Challenge Blog.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet sweet card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

heidy said...

Beautiful card,thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Ardilla said...

This robin is too cute!!!!!!
I should make the same with my Christmas cards and start now...
Thanks for playing this week at QKR Stampede challenge.
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Nonni said...

This is totally cute! I made the same promise... But for now I've done zero x mas cards! :)

The Paper Trail said...

I love the little birdie on your card! Thanks for playing along at RCS!

Mrs Beez said...

Such a cute card. Congratulations on your City Crafter win - well deserved with your gorgeous card.

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Carissa said...

So cute, great paper piecing. Thanks for playing along at ABC Christmas.
Carissa