Sunday 20 October 2013

Mr Fox's Travels

Okay, I know this is a bit weird!

I did wonder if I'd be able to play along with CD Sunday  this week . The theme is 'Fox and friends' and I was pretty sure that I didn't have any CDs with a fox on them. although I did conduct a search to check. 

Short of ideas, I googled for images of foxes and brought up a few of foxes dressed as Victorian/Edwardian gentlemen.   ( Anyone remember Basil Brush?). 

I copied the photo from the internet and brought it into the My Craft Studio programme , where I digitally punched it into an oval. I added papers and images from MCS Tinkering with Steampunk and A Very Important Date.  I inked all the papers and added cogs, the title and 'tape' and a feather.

As well as CD Sunday, I'd like to enter:
Corrosive Challenges Dress me Up
Red Carpet Studio Bicentennial Man (metal cogs)
Pumpkin Spice Dress up  

15 comments:

Cazro said...

Do I remember Basil Brush? Boom! Boom! my youngest at the time never stopped saying it. Congratulations on your endeavours to take part in our challenge. A super masculine card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz DT

sue-b said...

You have pick a great image and it goes really well with the steampunk, a great layout and papers, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx

chrissie said...

Terrific images on this card Marina-it has so much to admire on it

Love Chrissie x

Wynn said...

Marina this card has the Wow factor. I love it. A great creation with so many great elements to it.
A perfect card for CD Sunday this week. Good luck.
Hugs Wynn GDT x

Jocelyn said...

Not weird at all!I think the whole thing works very well. Great card and thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

A fantastic card x

Beryl said...

What a clever take on the theme and a great card for a man - always difficult.
Thank you for joining in.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Pia S said...

I like this card, Marina! It's different and it's got charm with this sweet fox all dressed up in a suit and great masculine details!

Christine said...

What a super card and well done for doing some research. It is perfect for a man and YES I remember Basil Brush too (Boom Boom)
Thanks for joining in with us this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

That was very inventive of you and I'm so glad you found this image, he's a very smart fox.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

You really put you thinking cap on for this weeks challenge Marina, I love it. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Debbie said...

This is so interesting! What a great layout! Thanks for joining The Corrosive Challenge and good luck!
DebbieM - TCC DT

Carol said...

Love this Marina. When I first saw it I thought of Sherlock Holmes. Why I am not sure.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant image, Yes i remember Basil Brush, he looks a little like him as I remember him.
Lovely card and an unusual take on the theme
Margaret

Cherished said...

Wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing at RCS.