Tuesday 16 July 2013

An Australian-style Christmas?


Maybe this is what it feels like to have Christmas in Australia, because I'm melting in an English heatwave and making Christmas cards. We got released from work at 3.45 today, as it was 30 degrees in the staffroom , even with all our desk fans going. I'm afraid my quality control has over-heated and I'm not sure if this actually looks like a Christmas card.

This woman is a digi-stamp from My Craft Studio (MCS) Fab Glam Fifties CD and I coloured her with Promarkers and paper-pieced her with holly paper from MCS Setting the Scene Christmas CD. I recoloured the paper in red for the background. I stamped  the text (Darkroom Door) and cut it with dies. I cut some holly with a Marianne die. I dotted the dress with glue and sprinkled it with silver glitter.

I'd like to enter this for:
CD Sunday  Christmas in July
Papercrafting Journey  Christmas In July
Crafting when we can  Christmas in July
CRAFT Challenge  Christmas

15 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Marina, this is beautiful, a different take on this week's theme and I like it a lot. You have put a lot of thought in designing it and it shows. Love the paper piecing. Thanks for joining us again this week.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Poppet said...

This is a very elegant card Marina. It will make a great Christmas card or a beautiful Winter birthday card for an elegant lady.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Mynn xx said...

It definitely looks Christmas-y to me! LOVE the beautiful paper piecing and the fabulous vintage feel! Great card! :)

Jocelyn said...

I love the paper piecing and sparkles on her dress. Nice to see all different takes on Christmas and she is very elegant.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

chrissie said...

This is a wonderful idea for a Christmas Card Marina and maybe a Christmas card design of the future:)

No wonder they sent you home yesterday and I imagine today will be just the same.

Love Chrissie xx

Beryl said...

It certainly shouts Christmas to me Marina - and a very elegant one too. Great take on the challenge and a super card.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is very stylish and different sweetie, love it. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxxx

sandie said...

wow this is outstanding. I was just looking at your Inkspiration card and saw this and had to comment-the digi is fabulous and I love how you have used it to make such a stunning Xmas card x

Nikki Craft said...

Beautiful Christmas card:) Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can!
Good Luck x
hugs Nikki x

Tess said...

Great card Marina so unusual and stylish. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

Pia S said...

This is as feminine as a Christmas card can get. I love the untraditional design, her paper pieced dress with glittery details and the paper and die cut holly! Fabulous!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a lovely glitzy Christmas card Marina, I love the backingpaper you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Hi Marina. I think this is a fabulous card and so different.
I am now back from my travels and I have your little gift ready and just now waiting til I can get to the PO.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A stunning card, I love the dress she is wearing, a fabulous design. thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card Marina, it does look christmassy to me, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x