Saturday 13 October 2012

CASE Closed.


Mynette is having a design team call for a new challenge blog. Mynette is very active in the crafty blog community . She is involved with several design teams and challenges but I’ve noticed that she also visits lots of other people’s blogs and leaves very kind and individual comments. I thought it would be fun (and a real challenge) to have a go.

Here’s my first effort. It’s a CASE of one of Mynette’s cards. I’ve never done a CASE before, and had to look up what it meant!

I’ve tried to keep to the shape and proportions of the original card, while changing to theme to Christmas. I’ve never used this shape card base before, so made this one and rounded the bottom edges as on the original. The paper is by Reminisce ( it reminds me of a Christmas sweater!). The bookplate is a Sizzix die and the deer embellishment is by Prima. I printed Noel from a Docrafts CD.
 

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is GREAT!!! LOVE the holiday take on my card--great patterned paper and I LOVE the reindeer!!! Thanks for joining in my DT call--can't wait to see the rest of your projects! Good luck! :)

Yvonne Garner said...

Love your take on this!