Sunday 24 June 2012

Frogs in crystal

  

Maybe it’s something to do with the crazy weather, but we have a bumper crop of tadpoles in our garden pond at the moment.

For this card I dredged up an old technique I’ve not done for a while – Caught in Crystal. This involves floor wax and, when I got the bottle out, I found the lid had stuck on fast! Creativity was on hold while I found ways to get it open!

The frogs image (Magenta) was stamped onto acetate. I spread the back of the acetate with floor wax, glitter dust, alcohol inks and layers of tissue paper.

The background was made with distress inks and the reed stamp (Judith).



 I’d like to enter this for :
Fashionable Stamping Challenges  Nature
Hotshot Craft Blog  Distress Inks

7 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How fantastic, I really love frogs. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Shirl said...

Brilliant technique I have done this with glossy accents but not floor wax will have to give it a go. Your finished card is amazing the nature feel truly comes across, love it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Marina, This is one of my favourite techniques, and I love that you don't really know what it will look like until it dries!
This is gorgeous, love your image set against the reed background.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril x

G Peplow said...

Hi, This is simply wonderful! I too love frogs and this is super grungy, love it LOL Gay xxx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, the images are beautiful as is the background.
Yvonne

craftymum said...

Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Distress Inks challenge

Sarah x

Check Hot Shot Craft shop for new items
http://www.hotshotcraft.co.uk/catalog/

Ellie Knol said...

How lovely..love the way you created it!

thanks for joining at FSC!

xxx Ellie xxx