Sunday 12 February 2012

Easy, Tiger!

I wanted to take part in Less is More’s one layer card challenge as it’s always very challenging! It took me a while to come up with an idea for the ‘stripes’ theme, but when I did, the thing that took longest was looking for the UM tiger stamp! (I’m not very organised.)

I stamped the tiger using Kaleidacolor ‘Capuccino Delight’ , them masked it and stamped over it with a Hero Arts stamp called Holiday Stripes. I quite like the patchy effect at the top, hoping it looks like a sunset!

What I particularly liked about making this card is using old stuff that I’d almost forgotten about. Everything I used (apart form the card) is well over 5 years old.

10 comments:

Beverly G said...

Very effective and yes it does look like a sunset. Great use of your stash.

Elaine said...

Love your card and that tiger stamp is great!

Scrapmate said...

The tiger stamp is lovely.

Beryl K said...

Super card, love the tiger
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

This is simply super Marina, it's amazing how many people mention that they dig out stash that has been almost forgotten to use for lots of our challenges.
The tiger looks really handsome.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card, what a brilliant mix of stamps and great result, I love this,xxx

Fiona said...

Gorgeous Marina, love the image and the soft muted colours

Mandi said...

Tigerific card!
Perfect stripes
Im love animal print and I never gave them a thought!


Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Angelnorth said...

Lovely tiger stamp - glad you managed to track him down! Fab card!

Loli said...

Hola Marina, you have a spanish name:D. very elegant card, your tiger is beautiful and your inking have a fantastic effect, well done.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca Spain